Finance is the common denominator of all business. Add it to your essential skills.
From credit and loans to cashflow, what would you do if your bookkeeper left without notice? Learn how to perform the basics of the job, anticipate challenges, and ensure business continuity.
- Line of Credit: A line of credit provides more than access to funding. It gives a business options when they’re most needed.
- Bridge Loans: Need to make payments on time before funding is received? A bridge loan could be your solution.
- Cashflow: Cash flow is your organization’s pulse. Don’t let it skip a beat.
Employees can be anywhere, now. So can HR concerns.
A remote office is versatile and conducive to diversity, but it’s not without unique challenges. Learn about remote work’s implications for tax liability, insurance, and benefits; solutions to each; and how to build a close-knit team no matter the distance.
- Tax Liability: Having out-of-state employees gives your business a presence – and tax liabilities – in their respective states. Familiarize yourself with the obligations your organization could have.
- Insurance + Benefits multistate: Insurance rates for remote employees are based on the states out of which they work but can have implications for the rest of your team. Take a look at the broader world of employee insurance and benefits.
- Communication / Organization: Learn how applications like Teams, Slack, Zoom, and Asana provide continuity across time zones.
- Quality of Staff: You searched nationwide for the just-right team members. How do you bring them together when they’re miles apart?
- Diversity When the world is your talent pool, diversity and inclusivity come easily.
GOVERNMENT BIDDING – Do's and Don’ts
Obtaining the proper certifications can make you feel “certifiable.” Here’s the smart approach to bidding on government projects.
Securing a government contract requires expertise, proper certifications, and often teamwork. Learn how you and your industry partners can best present yourselves at the federal, state, and municipal levels.
- Contracts: From tight timelines to detailed documentation of tasks, government contracts can include provisions outside your business’ usual operations. Here’s your chance to learn how to adapt established processes to unique projects.
- Partners / Joint Venture: If your organization doesn’t meet all the criteria for a bid, look within your network and form a partnership that does.
- P3: When public resources are limited, private companies can become partners and stakeholders on massive projects. Is your organization ready for a public-private partnership (P3)? Learn the pros and cons.
- What you need to know for Federal / State / Local: Federal, state, and municipal agencies have distinct requirements for working with contractors. Learn to bid at all three levels.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Your brand is healthy, but are you? Personal wellness keeps your business growing.
Professional life takes a physical, mental, and emotional toll on even the most experienced business people. Learn how to manage the stressors associated with leading a team and growing an organization.
- Taking Care of Yourself / CEO Pampering 101: Before you can take care of your team, you must take care of yourself.
- Post Covid – Burnout: The Pandemic is waning, but burnout remains. Does the American professional have long COVID?
- Balance – Work / Play / Grow: A healthy work-life balance manages stress, promotes creativity, and keeps you present – in the office and out.
Tech evolves as quickly as the business world moves. Keeping up is essential for keeping clients and retaining employees.
From software and services to the employees who manage them, learn how to keep a modern office and remote team running efficiently and profitably.
- Assessing Services for Optimal Results: Reassess services and providers to streamline processes and maximize budgets.
- How to Source IT Talent: Tech savviness isn’t enough. You need IT staff with skill sets appropriate to your organization’s needs, but how do you find them without in-depth technical knowledge of those needs?
- What Are the Must-Have Programs for Your Industry? There is no shortage of project management and communication programs and applications. Some may be similar, but each offers something unique. Here’s how to narrow your choices.